Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day, a success!

This past week, I told Ella and Maddie that for my traditional "Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed", I wanted french toast and bacon. I shopped for the ingredients, and even marked a simple recipe for their dad to help them with. He got up when they woke early to make my breakfast, and did most of the cooking while they kept telling him he was doing this or that wrong or not the way Mama does it :) I lay in bed playing on my iphone.

After breakfast in my bed, Maddie gave me the necklace she picked out from Claire's in the mall. Bless her, it's the matching necklace to some earrings from a collection I already have! How cute! She also made me a card at the donut shop the other day, so she gave that to me as well. Annelise gave me a handprint lily in a small pot with fingerprint bugs all over it! A sweet keepsake from her 3 yr old preschool class! Ella had made a large 11x17 sized card at school with a poem and a self portrait inside. Very cool, and very Ella, too.

After church, we had lunch, and I decided to do some flower planting. Maddie and Annelise had picked out some hydrangeas while we were grocery shopping the other day, and I had some gerbera daisies and some dahlias to plant too. My husband worked the big shovel and broke through a lot of tree roots and weeded out some poison ivy, and was generally a great resource for my newbie flower planting questions.

Instead of a nice dinner and dessert, we dropped the kids off at my friends house, got some drive thru food, and went to see Star Trek :) It was fantastic and brilliant and I can't wait to go see it again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

Party 2nite! Come to @TrueFemme 's #TrickorTweet Party & don't forget to visit her stop on the scavenger hunt! http://bit.ly/ZJ0ms
 

Pursuing Harmony | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates