I did not make it to BlogHer '09, because I just started blogging right before it happened. It sounds like an awfully big deal, and I would have been overwhelmed as a total newbie. I am planning to go to the Type A Mom Conference in Asheville, NC in September, and hope to learn a lot about writing, marketing, finding my niche, etc.
Cozi is sponsoring 15 moms attending Type A Mom Con who are not attending Blogher 09, and I would love to be one of the moms chosen! The rules are that the moms with the most comments to their top 10 reasons post will be chosen. So comment away!!!
10. I get to REST after two crazy weeks in a row! Nashville vacation, then having guests for part of this week.
9. Getting to spend time with my friend Holly, who I havent seen in 6 years, who came to visit during BlogHer!
8. I am nursing my toddler, and taking him to BlogHer would have been disastrous as would leaving him at home. I am very happy to stay home and continue nursing him :)
7. I would have not had the opportunity to find out that there was an opportunity to get sponsorship to the TypeAMomCon!
6. I will spend WAY too much time late tonight uploading and tweaking my Cozi account, I have a new toy!! :)
5. I will get to attend worship with my husband and children at our church, and that is a big part of our life.
4. I have a fantastic African Curry dinner cooking upstairs, not to be missed!
3. I have had a unique opportunity to meet bloggers and friends on twitter that I might have missed were it not for BlogHop09, and subsequent twitter non blogher party events!
2. The anticipation for BlogHer 10 is palpable, and seeing tweets and pictures from the BlogHer goers helps me really get motivated to go next year!
1. I don't have to shave my legs for this :)