Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!!

My birthday was this past Tuesday, and I had a WONDERFUL day. WOW! I took Ella and Maddie to Caribou Coffee to get pumpkin chai and a bite to eat while The Doctor stayed home with Annelise and Teddy so they could sleep in. Later in the morning, I dropped my younger 3 kids off at my friend Kim's house. She had offered to watch Maddie, Annelise, and Teddy for me so I could go out to lunch with The Doctor!

I picked him up, and we went to Brio, a lovely Tuscan restaurant. I had a chicken club sandwich with lobster bisque, and The Doctor had the fish that was on special:



The Doctor was heading out for an overnight business trip, and I must say that the lovely al fresco lunch was really nice, compared to a dark yet candlelit dinner out where I might have been tempted to fall asleep!

After lunch, I bought some new jeans at Old Navy to wear at the upcoming Type A Mom Conference and got some Danskos



for $30 at a resale shop! They retail for $115! What a score! They look barely worn, and are SO comfortable.

My chiropractors office gives free massages before your adjustment, and I opted for an hour long massage. My second massage ever, I think. It was heavenly, and I am going to have to go back more often than I think I need to!

I met Ella at the bus stop, we picked up the kids from Kim's house, and went to pick up my CAKE!



My friend Jolie wanted to take me out for dinner for my birthday, and her daughter volunteered to babysit for me. I decided to go to Unaabi Grill to introduce my Ugandan friend to Afghan food! We had beef korma, lamb tikka, fish, grilled vegetables, and palau rice. I heart palau rice!

Jolie and I ran to KMart and grabbed some party hats, plates, and napkins and returned to her house for some cake, ice cream, and a Michael Jackson dance party :)







Hope you enjoyed the pictures and links, just wanted to share the birthday love with you!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds like a great day! I love finding lots of little ways to celebrate something special...happy birthday!

Kimi said...

Awww looks like you had a fabulous day! Loving those shoes. Super cute!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

what precious pics...happy, happy bdays, and I have some Dansko's exactly like that. What a great score. :)

Post a Comment

Quotes

Party 2nite! Come to @TrueFemme 's #TrickorTweet Party & don't forget to visit her stop on the scavenger hunt! http://bit.ly/ZJ0ms
 

Pursuing Harmony | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates